I just wanted to begin this new year by thanking all of my supporters. I know that I do not post with any regularity, but somehow my readers still find a way to connect with me and read my personal thoughts. It seems harder and harder to find the motivation or inspiration to sit in front of the computer and write for a few hours, but I know it is worth it…for my own sake.
I’ve been sharing my life on this blog since the summer of 2011. Since I began, I have only published original content on my site. I can only assume it is much harder to produce pictures and prose that I know are my own, rather than to copy and paste other people’s work. I may never be an internet sensation or have my own meme, but I came to terms with that after a few years of blogging.
As the days go by, I am torn between writing on the computer or getting outside and taking my camera for an adventure. I’ve been doing my best of late to combine my two passions, but it remains a struggle to write and post with consistency.
One thing that will change in 2016 is that I will be devoting more of my free time to the Maui Camera Club. I hope to have a stronger, positive influence on their current website, as well as organizing more group outings with fellow photographers in order to explore more of this amazing island.
Below are some highlights from the past year of blogging.
I jumped the shark in 2015 and began to take part in the Amazon Associates program. After nine months of pleading with my readers and Facebook friends to support my site by shopping on amazon by clicking my link first, I am proud to say that my site has been renewed for another year with the pay-out I receive from amazon. So this blog has paid for itself by the generosity of my readers.
I am thankful for all the peaks and valleys in my life, and the past few years have been some of the highest peaks I have ever climbed. I am sad to see 2015 behind me, but cannot wait to see what 2016 has waiting for me.
- This blog was viewed about 6,900 times in 2015.
- The busiest day of the year was March 13th with 485 views. The most popular post that day was Kilkenny.
- I published new blogs on Monday and Tuesday the most with 9 posts each.
- The top referring site, the site that directs people to my blog was (as I really hate to say it) Facebook.
- Most of my readers are from the United States (5000), with Ireland (705), and Brazil (259) rounding out the top three.
- People in 95 different countries have read my blog.
The top five most read blog posts in 2015 were:
- Nikon Lenses for Sale
- An Open Letter to Maui County (to which I have still have NOT received a response)
- A Decent Proposal (posted in 2014, but people loved it so much it returned in 2015)
- WARNING: Graphic Images..Part III
My five favorite pictures I shared on the blog in 2015 were: